Supporting jobs in the communication industry
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government Communication Service has established an advisory panel of leaders from across the communications industry to provide expert challenge, advice and support for the Government’s COVID-19 communication activities.
The panel will provide unified strategic leadership for the profession and offer practical support for communications specialists impacted by COVID-19.
We know there are communications specialists whose jobs will already have been affected by COVID-19. If you have communications skills and expertise to offer, please register your interest below.
Interested in Government Communications?
How to apply:
- Register your interest in short term, interim roles in the Government Communication Service by completing the form below.
- Have a look at the latest permanent vacancies on our jobs page https://gcs.civilservice.gov.uk/careers/gcs-jobs/
Which skills are we looking for?
We are particularly interested in hearing from communication professionals who want to impact lives through their work, and are available immediately on a temporary basis. We are looking for:
- people with digital skills who can support the Rapid Response Unit (RRU) with analysis, fighting mis-/dis-information and amplifying the Government response through social media
- people with experience in analytics tools like Brandwatch, Spike/Newswhip, and Tweetdeck monitoring
- people who understand how social media platforms work
- press / media relations officers with some of the skills listed above (and a keenness to learn)
- people who are good at insight & evaluation especially with evaluating and analysing data experience or polling and focus group analysis (experience with tools like Mosaic is useful)
- media grid planners
- marketing or campaign specialists
To find out more about communications roles in government please consult the GCS Career Framework.